LICA uses the Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) curriculum. The ACE curriculum is an individualized, self-paced based educational program. Learners embark on a journey of self-learning and goal setting as they work through each PACE (Packet of Accelerated Christian Education), covering school subjects. Prior to admission, students are taken through a diagnostic test to a certain level of performance in the various subjects.
We offer a proven, enriched, integrated Christian education with a strong emphasis on both academic and character training.
We have chosen the proven Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) Programme as our curriculum, to equip parents and educate students.
Founded in 1970, the ACE Programme is an individualized program, tailored to each pupil’s level of learning. Used by more than 7,000 schools worldwide ACE is directed and distributed by Accelerated Education Enterprises (AEE) South Africa, a body that offers our school invaluable materials, robust staff training, and updated resources.
DISTINCTIVE FEATURES OF ACE
• Biblical traditional values,
• Academic excellence,
• Diagnostic testing,
• Individualized instruction,
• Mastery-based learning – which avoids learning gaps, and
Maths, English, Science, Word Building (handwriting, spelling, and grammar), Social Studies (history, geography, and Bible study), Literature & Creative Writing, Physical Education, Computer Science, Music, Foreign Languages Practical Science & Practical Maths, Citizenship & Personal Finance, Social, Health & Economic Education.
HOW OUR STUDENTS WORK
1. In the ACE Curriculum, each subject is presented in workbooks called PACE’s (Packets of Accelerated Christian Education) which are working documents that lead the student stage-by-stage through each subject. Each subject consists of 12 PACEs per level. Students work daily on PACEs one at a time, in each of the subjects. Each student generally completes a minimum of 72 PACEs in one academic year ; however, this varies according to the student’s ability.
2. Students master the material at a speed consistent with their ability as they work in private workstations/offices in the Learning Centre.
3. The knowledge in a PACE builds upon what the student has learned in the previous PACEs – in this way he or she is constantly adding to a store of knowledge.
3. Advancement to new material follows testing to demonstrate that the student has thoroughly comprehended all the material contained in the previous PACE.
The Learning Centre develops responsibility, concentration, and self-control while the wisdom inherent in the PACE content develops truthfulness and unselfishness. All other classes enrich and build on this solid foundation.
LICA provides academic training in a Christian atmosphere that enriches lives, builds character, and encourages full-time Christian living and service.
The ACE disciplines of personal goal setting, scoring, and testing are proven to lead to highly motivated, focused, and capable students, well placed to achieve their best.
Bible truths and Character training are interwoven into the curriculum, developing critical thinking and apologetic skills. Children are taught core values and principles to provide them with a strong foundation for life. They learn about the sixty-six character traits of Christ through our daily assemblies and the curriculum and the children are encouraged to put these into practice throughout the day and for the rest of their lives.